Alberta Innovates - Technology Futures: Voucher Program
The Alberta Innovation Voucher program, offered by Alberta Innovates – Technology Futures, helps small technology and knowledge-driven businesses in Alberta get their ideas and products to market faster. The program facilitates the movement of Alberta companies from the concept and formation stages into the growth stage, preparing them for success.
Vouchers are available in two denominations:
- A voucher to a maximum value of $15,000 for an Opportunity Assessment (Feasibility Study)
- A voucher to a maximum value of $50,000 for more substantial technology activities such as product prototyping, lab verification, field testing, etc.
Once awarded, these vouchers must be redeemed with an approved service provider for business and technology development services.
For more information on this program, please visit click here
Alberta Innovates - Technology Futures is part of Alberta's research and innovation system and is helping build healthy, sustainable businesses in the province. Through a suite of programs and services directed towards entrepreneurs, companies, researchers and investors, Alberta Innovates - Technology Futures is preparing Alberta for a next generation economy.
How NABI can help…
If you are looking for a service provider to assist you with your Vouchers, or any other project, NABI has Certified Management Consultants (CMC) and the expertise you need.
For more information on how NABI may be able to assist you, please contact: Dar Schwanbeck, CMC - Managing Director call 780‐460‐1000 email firstname.lastname@example.org
The single biggest challenge for most inventors, entrepreneurs and small businesses in general, is to identify and develop the right distribution channel for getting their product(s) to market. Easy to say, but usually very difficult to do - and a task that often requires a significant amount of money. Even more when early and ongoing mistakes are made in product development, marketing and sales. The misguided assumption is that the inventor’s product is so good that people will naturally line up to buy it; all the inventor has to do is advertise it on his or her website. It rarely works that way! Only about 1 new product in thousands has sufficient “WOW” factor to actually attract paying customers. The vast majority have to be sold to “ideal customers” in carefully targeted markets with the right positioning and sales efforts.
NABI can help. We have the resources and experience to assist with:
- Getting clarity around what the real product and/or service is
- Selection / description of ideal customer profile(s)
- Assessment of likely market size and target markets
- Definition of value propositions, positioning and pricing
- Careful assessment and identification of distribution channel alternatives
- Advice on business organization gaps and challenges
- Assistance with business plans and capital attraction